**PHSC Policies on Coronavirus (COVID-19)**
Updated April 30, 2021
Our team is seeing patients in our offices and via telemedicine virtual appointments. The safety of our patients and staff is our number one priority. With that in mind, we ask that all non-urgent patient appointments be rescheduled if, in the last 2 weeks, you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Have had upper respiratory/flu-like symptoms including cough, fever, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, loss of taste or smell
- Have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Have returned from international travel
Please contact our scheduling department or your physician’s clinical assistant with concerns or questions about whether or not to reschedule your appointment. If you have had surgery in recent weeks, you must contact your physician team if there is anything preventing you from attending your post-operative appointment(s).
For patients who prefer and/or need an in-office appointment, in an effort to minimize the spread of Covid-19 and to reduce risk of exposure, you can take comfort in knowing that we have implemented the following increased safety measures in all of our offices:
- Patients must wear masks upon entering the office and keep them on for the duration of their time in our office.
- Patients must sanitize their hands upon arrival at our offices.
- Patient guests and/or family members are not permitted to attend appointments with patients or wait for patients in our offices unless 1) the patient is a minor, in which case one parent may accompany the patient, or 2) an adult patient needs assistance with mobility, hearing, etc.
- We are staggering appointment times and safely separating chairs in our waiting rooms to ensure proper social distancing.
- We are sanitizing our patient areas including waiting rooms, exam rooms, x ray suites and therapy clinics.
- We are sanitizing chairs, pens, clip boards and all other frequently touched surfaces between each patient.
Please do not take offense if we ask you to reschedule non-emergent appointments or to provide us with a COVID-19 medical clearance note from your family physician. And please remember to wear a protective mask to our office and throughout your entire visit. Know that we are taking these steps as precautionary measures for everyone, including you.
As a reminder, the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) has issued the following recommendations for controlling and minimizing the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands that are visibly soiled.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- For more information about COVID-19, visit www.CDC.gov
We are here for you and your family during this challenging time.
If you need us, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-385-PHSC (7472) to schedule an in-office or telemedicine appointment.