Our Limb Restoration Clinic is featured in the September issue of Main Line Chronicles and Delco Magazine.
Dr. Leonid Katolik’s article “Understanding Carpal, Cubital and Radial Tunnel Syndromes” addresses the symptoms, causes and treatments of these conditions.
**PHSC Policies on Coronavirus (COVID-19)**
Updated September 3, 2020
Our team is seeing patients in our offices and via telemedicine virtual appointments. The safety of our patients and staff is our number one priority. With that in mind, we ask that all non-urgent patient appointments be rescheduled if, in the last 2 weeks, you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Have had upper respiratory/flu-like symptoms including cough, fever, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, loss of taste or smell
- Have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Have returned from international travel
Please contact our scheduling department or your physician’s clinical assistant with concerns or questions about whether or not to reschedule your appointment. If you have had surgery in recent weeks, you must contact your physician team if there is anything preventing you from attending your post-operative appointment(s).
For patients who prefer and/or need an in-office appointment, in an effort to minimize the spread of Covid-19 and to reduce risk of exposure, you can take comfort in knowing that we have implemented the following increased safety measures in all of our offices:
- Patients must wear masks upon entering the office and keep them on for the duration of their time in our office.
- Patients must sanitize their hands upon arrival at our offices.
- Patient guests and/or family members are not permitted to attend appointments with patients or wait for patients in our offices unless 1) the patient is a minor, in which case one parent may accompany the patient, or 2) an adult patient needs assistance with mobility, hearing, etc.
- We are staggering appointment times and safely separating chairs in our waiting rooms to ensure proper social distancing.
- We are sanitizing our patient areas including waiting rooms, exam rooms, x ray suites and therapy clinics.
- We are sanitizing chairs, pens, clip boards and all other frequently touched surfaces between each patient.
Please do not take offense if we ask you to reschedule non-emergent appointments or to provide us with a COVID-19 medical clearance note from your family physician. And please remember to wear a protective mask to our office and throughout your entire visit. Know that we are taking these steps as precautionary measures for everyone, including you.
As a reminder, the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) has issued the following recommendations for controlling and minimizing the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands that are visibly soiled.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- For more information about COVID-19, visit www.CDC.gov
We are here for you and your family during this challenging time.
If you need us, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-385-PHSC (7472) to schedule an in-office or telemedicine appointment.
Dr. Kearns was interviewed by King of Prussia District as part of a panel discussion with local health experts. Check out Dr. Kearns clip at time marker 47:20.
Dr. Rick Tosti talks about firework safety on 6ABC. July 3,2020
PHILADELPHIA – Last week, a powerful and rare derecho rolled over Philadelphia bringing damaging winds that downed trees, knocked out power for thousands and killed four people.
Among the destruction, 60 MPH winds gusts knocked a tractor-trailer onto its side the Girard Point Bridge.
Luckily, two passing motorists sprung into action to help the driver who was trapped inside with his pet dog.
First to arrive on the scene was Wysem Irby, who is coincidentally a tractor-trailer driver in training. Irby rushed to the side of the truck and saw the door hanging off and heard the distressed truck driver cry out in fear for his life.
“I just promised him I wouldn’t leave, I’m not going to go, I’m not going to leave, I’m going to stay right here with you the whole time,” Irby said.
Irby’s rescue attempt received some back-up when Philadelphia-based surgeon Dr. Adam Strohl pulled to the side of the road. At first, the strong wind made it impossible for Strohl to open his car door.
“There was a small lull in the wind and I said ‘I’m going now!'” Strohl said.
Irby flagged down another passing tractor-trailer and climbed on top, which gave him the boost necessary to pull out the driver’s dog and the driver.
Cell phone video after the rescue shows Irby and the rescued truck driver embrace in a hug amid the whipping wind.
“We just held each other and embraced each other, because that’s what we needed.”
Looking back, the rescue seems death-defying, but that didn’t prevent Irby from stopping to help his fellow man.
“We’re all humans we all feel emotion, we all laugh we all cry but when you put color on that it gets blurry,” Irby said. “I didn’t see any color I saw a human being.”
We are here for you and your family via telemedicine virtual visits and in-office appointments to safely care for all hand, wrist, arm, elbow and shoulder injuries and conditions. Check out this video for information about our All Hands on Deck commitment to patient safety. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-385-PHSC(7472) or send an appointment request to our Central Scheduling & Registration Department at CSR@HandCenters.com.
PHSC Employees….Thumbs Up for Patient Safety!
The entire team at PHSC is dedicated to providing safe, compassionate, comprehensive orthopaedic care to all of our patients. If you need us, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-385-PHSC (7472).
Congratulations to our 2020 Top Docs! Dr. A. Lee Osterman, Dr. Randal W. Culp, Dr. David S. Zelouf, Dr. Stephanie Sweet, Dr. Mark S. Rekant, Dr. Eon K. Shin, Dr. Sidney M. Jacoby, Dr. Leonid I. Katolik and Dr. Kenneth A. Kearns have been named 2020 Top Doctors in Hand Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery by Philadelphia magazine.